5/20/2006

The Ups - papio and burning oak

I think this might be the final version of Papio and Burning Oak:
Listen to Papio and Burning Oak

The lyrics were getting lost, so i revisited the recording of them
and ended up changing them a tad:

There isn't any time
to do the things we said.
The pressure's coming down
And spinning round our heads

We're not the only ones
who didn't follow through.
Everything around
is dying too.

-----------

I wanted to seperate the intent from the individual whoa-is-me-plight
that can really damage a song. I pushed the narrator out of himself
and into more of a participatory position in whatever was causing the
whoa-is-me to begin with.

I also thought a little more confidence was required in the
performance.... especially since the Self didn't have to speak anymore.

Enjoy

No comments: