8/28/2006

Poles Apart - Grasping At Straws

Right Click and jam on it.

Graping at straws is one of those that was troublesome. Previous versions were an orgy of tracks that either didn't play through or left nowehere to go. So it was mixex down and left to be the basis for a new session.

It took me some months to get back to this one, but the time away proved fruitful. The instrumental and vocal additions were just ujnder the surface.

Notice the 3tracks of whistling (mix down a few dB?). I puckered up as a last ditch filler in between the last verse and the ending chorus. i wanted to use my toy wooden flutes (two of them! i even had them both going at the same time with both hands!) but alas, they weren't in tune. it was fun pretending to be a gelfling anyway. [did i just type that? i'll hear about that later, i'm sure].

I think that this one needs some tender lovin' care from Roy. my beats are rudimentary and my arrangement of them is trivial. I also kind of sound like him on the beginning verses. that's funny to me.

lyrically.... feh. more trite john hughes stuff:

I don't know if I should give a reason
I don't know if you're still friends
All i know is that the last time he was leaving
you missed the exclamation point at the end.

If you think that I'm unreasonable
you are not paying attention
Watching you is like a daydream that i can't control
half the fun is my intention

The reason is spaces are hard
to fill up with a whole in your heart

----------

good to be back singing again (as you can tell, since i tend to get carried away. i guess it's my thing right now).
enjoy, perhaps.

No comments: