8/12/2008

Having Done Read It: Farenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
ONE STAR

awful! i can't believe the ideas this book put into my head.

there ought to be a law..!



just kidding. 4 stars really. this is the kind of sci-fi book that makes me love sci-fi. yes, it's the future; yes, there is a robot dog; yes, there are wicked cool televisions; but that's not the point, is it? There is enough of a displacement in setting to force us to focus on the things we understand and see how very close we are to what is happening or has happened.



I had assumptions going into this book. Everybody knows what it's about. Everybody except me read it in high school. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just a book about what everybody says it's about - There is strong character development and great pacing.



The printing i read has two afterwards by the author - the first isabout how he wrote it; the second is more of a rant against editors and other censors. Very funny and very potent.



great book. I will read it again someday, for sure.


View all my reviews.

No comments: